The Newfoundland and Labrador Soccer Association (NLSA) has recognized outstanding players, coaches and volunteers for 2016.
- Junior female: Alexandra Murphy, St. John’s Soccer
- Junior male: Brent Hennebury, St. Lawrence Laurentians
- Senior Female: Hannah Rivkin, Holy Cross Crusaders and Memorial University Sea-Hawks
Senior male: John Douglas, St. Lawrence Laurentians
- Team of the Year: St. John's U-14 girls
- Coach of the year: Mike Power, Memorial University women’s team, NLSA Canada Games women, NLSA GU16
Executive of the year: Ian Chaytor, CBS Soccer Association
Volunteer of the year: Shane Dunphy, Burin Peninsula Soccer Association
Referee of the Year: Shannon Tobin
“2016 was a great year with tremendous competition at the local, Atlantic, national and university levels,” said NLSA president, Doug Redmond.
“From youth players who made their mark at the Challenge Cup and Jubilee Trophy levels, to the volunteers who make it all possible, the selection committee had some tough choices to make with their final selections. Congratulations to all award winners and nominees.”